Ingredients: (for 15 rolls)
- 300g pork belly
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles (bún)
- 15 shrimps
- 15 pieces round rice paper
- Lettuce, mint, cilantro, garlic chives, cucumber
- 1 tbsp oil, finely chopped garlic, peanut butter, and sugar
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce and pork broth (or water)
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil the pork belly with 1 tsp of salt until fully cooked. Soak it in cold water to prevent it from blackening. Cut the pork into thin slices.
- Boil the shrimps till they change color. Peel them and take out the veins on their backs. Cut each shrimp in half.
- Boil the noodles following the package instructions. Drain and run them under cold water.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the cucumbers into thin slices.
- Dip each rice paper into warm water and quickly remove it. Place it on a flat surface. Place some vegetables, cucumbers, pork, and two slices of shrimp in a row near the top of the rice paper. Fold both sides inward and start rolling.
- To make the dipping sauce, heat up some oil, add the garlic and sauté it until golden brown.
- Add the hoisin sauce, pork broth, peanut butter and sugar. Remember to mix well between each time you add a different ingredient. Simmer the sauce for 1-2 mins until thicken.
- Add some finely chopped roasted peanuts in the sauce before serving.
Don’t leave the rice paper in water for too long. Don’t add too much fillings because it will cause the rice paper to break.