Collected by Eduardo Munoz
This recipe comes from my mother. My grandma taught my mother most of the delicious food that she now cooks for us. We typically have this soup during easter time or when I need to boost up my immune system. My mother always says “con una sopita calientita, se te quita todo los germenes malos” - with a warm soup, all bad germs goes away
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped parsley juice of 1 lime
- ¾ chopped onion
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 8 cups chicken clams drained with juice reserved
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot or oven. Add the onion celery and garlic. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until transparent Add the potatoes, chicken stock and 1 cup of the clam juice and simmer,covered over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- before serving, bring the broth to a boil and add the chopped clams. Return to boil and add the chopped parsley, remaining olive oil and lime juice.