Have any leftover bananas no one will eat? Freeze them! You can make a delicious ice-cream out of them. This recipe can easily be modified but the core aspect is extremely basic.
- 2 Frozen Ripe Bananas
- 2-4 oz. of almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate/vanilla protein powder
- Cut bananas in fourths and freeze them (at least overnight/12hrs).
- Place them in a blender, add protein powder (if you would like), add a little bit of milk. Pulsate until smooth. You may need to add a little bit more milk.
- Sometimes, I add a cup of spinach. This is usually tasteless and adds a healthy kick.
- You can turn this into mint chocolate chip ice cream easy by adding bits of dark chocolate and a drop or two of mint extract. I’ve added strawberries, pistachios, peanut butter, cinnamon, etc.