Ingredients: (Serves: 24-30)
- 8 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 bars of butter
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add baking soda to the flour. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Mix the two bowls and stir all of the ingredients well to make the dough.
- Afterwards, shape the dough into golf-sized balls and spread them with a rolling pin to a diameter of approximately 3cm.
- Cook the gorditas over the griddle over medium heat, 45 seconds to each side.
- You have now made gorditas, a very healthy bread!
**This recipe comes down from a family tradition, and I got that from mom. She modified the recipe to include yogurt and by substituting brown sugar for white sugar.