- 2cups white rice (short grain)
- 1(15 ounce) can pigeon peas
- 1(5g) packet sazon goya
- 4ounces tomato sauce
- 1teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 2cups water
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2teaspoons adobo seasoning
- Pour olive oil in a cast iron/aluminum pot until hot.
- Bring the temp up to med-high and pour in water, bullion, tomato sauce, sofrito, adobo, and sazon until it comes to a boil.
- Pour in pigeon peas (gandules) and let boil for a minute.
- Pour in rice.
- Stir ONCE and put the lid on it, sealing tightly.
- Let sit for 20 minutes on low-medium.
- If the rice looks gummy DO NOT STIR IT, just put the lid back on and wait until the rice is firm (ready).
- If you desire the crunchiness on the bottom, once the rice is done cooking, put the temp on very low temp and let it sit for about 5 minutes. The bottom will loosen up from the moisture (since it it's done cooking).