- *1/2 package of Aburaage (thin deep-fried tofu pouches)
- 3 cups of sushi rice (short-grained white rice)
- 6 cups of water
- 6 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- Boil the prepared Aburaage in hot water for a minute and drain well.
- Remove the Aburaage from the water and let them cool.
- Rinse the rice in a strainer until the water runs clear. Pour the rice into a saucepan and add 6 cups of water. Bring the rice and water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the saucepan and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar and salt dissolved.
- Scoop the rice into a large bowl. Add in the rice vinegar and mix well.
- Take a triangular Aburaage and open it to make a pouch. Stuff the pouch with sushi rice. Repeat for all Aburaage.
*Note: Seasoned Aburaage can be bought at local grocery stores in packages of thirty.