- 1 to 1½ cups bok choy, tatsoi, or pak choi
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 1/8 to ¼ of whole cabbage
- 1 package of instant ramen noodles
- ½ container of Trader Joe’s miso ginger soup base
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup water (optional if not enough liquid in broth)
- ¼ cup Chives or green onions
- Chop the cabbage into thin ribbons and chop both the leafy and stalk parts of bok choy (or any type of Chinese cabbages you have) to your desired size.
- Heat up sesame oil in a pot on medium heat. Add chopped cabbages, bok choy, and bean sprouts to the pot. Sautee for 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Don’t overcook during this stage because the vegetables will boil in the broth. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce as the vegetables simmer.
- Add the soup base to the pot and wait until the soup comes to a boil.
- Add the sriracha and soy sauce. Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles (and NOT the ramen soup flavor packet!) and let the soup cook for another 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked through.
- Add the chives/green onions and more seasonings as desired and enjoy! Other ingredients that can be added include tofu, mushrooms, and fried egg.