Collected by Christian Alfaro
Summer didn't start until my mother made her tropical fruit salad. I remember five year old me trying to sneak in a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk and always getting caught by my mother.
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Spoon
- Large Bowl/Tupperware
- Medium Sized carton of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Small jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2-1 cup of shredded Coconut
- 3 Apples
- 3 Peaches
- 2 Pears
- 1/3 Pineapple
- Wash all the fruits and peel the apples, peaches, pears and pineapple.
- Dice these fruits and put them into the bowl.
- Cut the maraschino cherries in half and add them into the bowl.
- Add as many grapes to the bowl.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold it into the fruits.
- Pour in the cream and continue mixing.
- Finish the salad off by adding the shredded coconut.
- Let it chill in the fridge overnight and share and serve the next day!