- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 medium fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2- 32oz cans of pinto beans
- 1(12 ounce) can beer(chef’s choice)
- 1 packet of Sazon Goya
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, sauté bacon bits, garlic, tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños for about 5mins
- Add the cans of beans- juice and all!
- Add the beer
- Add the packet of Sazon Goya
- Bring to a boil, then let this cook on low heat for 1 to 1.5 hours till beans are tender but still firm.
- At the end, add chopped cilantro and salt to taste before serving.