- 4 Macintosh apples
- 2 pounds of strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- Wash all of the fruit and peel the apples.
- Cut the apples in quarters.
- Boil 1 gallon of water. When the water starts to boil, carefully add the fruit and bring water back to a boil.
- Switch the heat to medium and let it boil.
- When time is up, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of sugar or to taste.
- Squeeze in lemon juice to balance out the sugar.
- Let kompot cool completely, strain off the juice and refrigerate. Serve chilled.