- 4 eggs
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 scallion
- 1/2 medium onion
- Sweet soy sauce (or regular soy sauce and sugar)
- Cut the tomatoes and onions into thin slices. Finely chop the scallion.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat well.
- Heat up some oil. Add sliced onions and sauté them till slightly golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook it on high heat till soften while covering.
- Add the eggs and stir them frequently. Make sure the eggs are cooked and mixed well with other ingredients.
- Add the scallion, mix well, then add the sweet soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve with plain rice.
Eggs contain a high dose of protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants that fight cancer and reduce the effects of aging. Tomatoes are packed with vitamins A and C, calcium, potassium, and lycopene. Eating cooked tomatoes may act as a kind of internal sunscreen, according to researchers at the Universities of Manchester and Newcastle, England, by helping block UV rays.